The main documents which are necessary to apply for a visa to Turkmenistan by Consular Section of the Embassy of Turkmenistan in Republic of Korea:
- Written request
- Invitation approved by the State Immigration Service of Turkmenistan.
- International passport and its copy
- Сopy of ID card
- Filled Visa application form
- 1 colored photos of the applicant (3x4cm).
- The Certificate of health examination for international traveler.
Citizens who is visiting Turkmenistan for the period of 3 months or more, have to present the certificate of AIDS-test
Children are exempt from visa fee and children between 7-16 years old are subject to 50 % discount. Visa will be processed during 3-5 days after the presentation of documents.Urgent visas will be processed during a day after the presentation of documents.
Types of visas:
- tourist, including individual and group;
Visas can be single entry, double entries and multiple entries.
The consular fee for a visa depends on the number of days of stay and the urgency of the processing.
Here is the prices for citizens of the Republic of Korea.
Single Entry up to 10 days stay - $ 35 - (urgent - $ 55) / Multiple Entry to 10 days stay - $ 75 - (urgent - $ 135)
Single Entry up to 20 days - $ 45 (urgent - $ 75) / Multiple Entry to 20 days stay - $ 75 - (urgent - $ 135)
Single Entry up to 1 month - $ 55 (urgent. - $ 95) / / Multiple Entry to 30 days stay - $ 75 - (urgent - $ 135)
Normal processing time is up to 10 working days, urgent is 3 days inclusive.
For a transit visa you must have a visa in the passport of the two neighboring states, ie visa of the country from which you enter Turkmenistan, and the country to which you will exit Turkmenistan. It is important that the country of entry and the country of exit do not have a common border:
- Passport copy
- 1 Application for invitation letter. (for private and transit visas)
- 1 Visa Application Form.
- 1 photograph
Please send the personal letter or corporate letter in freestyle form to the Embassy. The letter should include the name of the Applicant, type of visa that is being requested, the purpose of crossing the country, period of stay, and information about Applicant, the route of the traveler during his stay in Turkmenistan, the entry and exit points in Turkmenistan.
Visas processing for foreign tourists is done through tourism agencies registered on the territory of Turkmenistan. Tourists shall address any tourist agencies of Turkmenistan. The list of companies can be found on the right side of this page. File is in PDF named Tourism Companies of Turkmenistan
- We kindly ask to apply by phone for an appointment before your visit. Should you have questions on Consular issues please contact the Embassy at: Tel:+8227969975 or e-mail: email@example.com.
- Documents from trusted persons can be accepted only on the basis of notary warranty (for private persons). Trusted persons that represent organizations may submit documents on condition of warranty letter issued by organization. - Consular fees are charged in dollars USA. The fees depend on the duration of your stay and should be consulted further at the Embassy. For urgent visa proceeding (during 3 working days) or at weekends\holidays extra 100% of consular fees is charged.
- The passport remains at the Embassy till the date of issuing visa.